Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Simple supper...

So I had a light, simple supper last night.   I have been reading Dorie Greenspan's cookbook, Around My French Table, and it inspired me.   I went to the "herb garden" and got some chives, sage flowers (less pungent than the sage itself) and thyme.   (herb garden is in air quotes because it isn't really an herb garden)

I defrosted some langoustine (from Trader Joes), and tossed it with the herbs and a dash of mayo, and threw it on top of some cold, precooked green beans.   (I'd gone to Costco, and gotten some beans which I steamed, and have been eating from because the CSA hasn't started yet.  The minute the CSA starts, you will be seeing beautiful produce from there).

Can you say "yum"?   I knew you could.   For me, I'm really trying to make this about being healthy, cooking for one, and also, right now, NOT heating up the house.  

No comments: