Monday, February 28, 2011

Lamb with Mustard Greens...

So, on this rainy morning, I thought I'd make lamb with mustard greens for dinner... and with this post, you get pictures!

I started with a teaspoon (approximately) of cumin seed, and half a teaspoon of ground mustard.  (I would have used mustard seeds, but alas, was out).  




I then added a more-or-less diced onion, and three smushed, chopped garlic cloves. (And a glug of olive oil)


Added a pound of 'lamb stew meat' from Beaver Brook Farms, and some shallot salt left over from roasting a chicken...browned that up a bit...


Added a ton of chopped mustard greens...which wilted down to nothing...


And a jar of homemade canned tomatoes....


And let it cook....

I'm going to serve it over either quinoa or brown rice, not sure which, yet....   any thoughts?  Anything you'd add?

No comments: