Saturday, May 8, 2010

Gluten-free Muesli.

I don't know about you, but one of my favorite cereals growing up was muesli.   And its something I miss. I had found a gluten-free muesli two years ago in England, when I was on a ship to the US...  its by Julian Graves.    It was amazing stuff.  

So the other day in Whole Foods, I found Brown Rice Flakes.    And the Gluten-Free oats I'd found at Ocean State Job Lots (yay!), and I had Quinoa flakes and cornflakes at home.    I still had the packaging for the muesli (because I'm a bit of a hoarder, but also to try to do this very thing, make my own version).

I added 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 cup of brown rice flakes, 1/4 cup of quinoa flakes,  crushed some cornflakes,  mixed them up.   Chopped up some dried apricots and mixed them in.   I need to get some more dried fruits, dates, raisins and maybe some kind of nut...macadamias would work, Graves used Brazil nuts.  

The basic combination worked very well.  I scooped some into a bowl, poured milk on it, and let it sit a little.....   I have a feeling this is going to be my summer go-to-breakfast, maybe with fresh fruit.....

No comments: