Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The best fish I ever ate...

Although actually, the fish itself wasn't that great, because I could tell from the flavor that it was a farmed fish...but the seasoning, the prep, YUM!  I wanted to lick my plate, it was that good.  It would have been superb if the fish had been a wild-caught fish.  (and, with the exception of the fish and the scallions, it was all local from my wonderful CSA)

Anyway, I'm sorry I don't have pictures, for two reasons.   The battery in my camera is kaput.   And once I started eating, I couldn't stop, and I didn't think you wanted a pic of just an empty plate with a fish head and tail.

So anyway, here is what I did:

Took one 1/2 pound trout.  Whole trout, cleaned.   put fresh dill, chiffonaded sorrel, and chopped scallions inside.  Put it in an oven-safe skillet, on top of a bed of fennel fronds.   Added about 2 cups of white wine, and put it in a preheated 350 degree oven.  

When the fish was cooked, I removed it from the pan, put it on a plate.   Removed the fennel.  Then cooked the juice down with a little more scallion and dried dill, then finished with a pat of butter.

Oh man, so good.....

No comments: